School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
The Compton SCITT stands for ‘School Centred Initial Teacher Training’ and means that The Compton awards Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to approximately 40 trainees annually.
Our trainee teachers train alongside The Compton’s outstanding staff, and within a strong partnership of schools, all year before qualifying as teachers. This placement model supports purposeful integration of learning through a year-long series of research-informed pedagogical and subject knowledge.
Our strap line states that “trainees will receive an immersive training programme where they are working alongside outstanding teachers with current and relevant experience.”
The Compton SCITT partnership
The Compton SCITT Partnership consists of 8 schools; The Compton School, Finchley Catholic High School, Hendon School, JCoSS, Lea Valley Academy, Southgate School, St James’ Catholic High School and Wren Academy.
Teacher training places for September 2022
The Compton SCITT is offering teacher training places from September 2022 in:
- Art and Design
- Business Studies
- Design & Technology
- Physical Education
The application window, for the 2022-23 academic year opened in October, as in previous years. Only applications made through the DfE can be considered.
A UK honours degree (2.2 or above) or equivalent overseas degree verified by UK ENIC
- The degree must comprise a minimum 50% of modules in the subject area you wish to train to teach.
- A standard equivalent to a grade 4/C in the GCSE examinations in English and mathematics. Primary candidates also require an equivalent to a grade 4/C in science.
- Applicants who do not have standard GCSE certificates will need to take an equivalence test.
School Direct (Non-Salaried)
The schools in the alliance currently offering School Direct (non-salaried) primary qualification (2021-22) are:
- Brettenham Primary School
- Chalgrove Primary School
- Garden Suburb Infant
- Fleecefield Primary School
- Elsley Primary School
- Northside Primary School
- Sacred Heart RC Primary School
- St Mary’s CofE Primary School
- Trent CofE Primary School
The schools in the alliance currently offering School Direct (non-salaried) secondary qualification (2021-22) are:
- Finchley Catholic High School
- Hendon School
- Southgate School
- St James’ Catholic High School
- The Compton School
- Wren Academy
- Heartlands School
Apply through the DfE. For further information go to http://www.thecompton.org.uk/828/teacher-training-the-compton-scitt-partnership